AIM is for developers, designers and other folks who think big. They have to, because they work on a product with millions of devoted users — soon to be millions more with some of the things the team is cooking up. The AIM team likes solving hard problems like: How do we make easy, fun web software that helps people communicate and share? We’re looking for people interested in creating technologies, products, and services that delight and amaze people.
Benefits and Perks
AOL strives to create a supportive environment that gives you peace of mind so you can focus on what’s important to you—family, work, and life. We offer a wide range of benefit choices that enable you to design or select the benefits package that fits your needs. This includes competitive compensation, flexible time-away options, learning opportunities and a strong belief that each individual needs support to balance work and life.
Senior Software Engineer, Back End
Location: Dulles, VA
About the Role:
AIM is looking for a senior back end engineer. This position will be responsible for designing, developing and testing back end features to support chat and social networking. You should be willing to learn proprietary and legacy technologies, but also capable of bringing new perspective on opportunities to improve, refactor and update those systems. You must be undaunted by the challenge of digging in and debugging issues in other engineers' code and be able to work with your peers across teams to ensure interoperability and scalability. More importantly, you should be passionate about technologies that bring people closer together.
- 4-6 years of directly related experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and juggle multiple time-critical asks while still having fun
- Ability to communicate appropriately with both technical and business experts
- Object Oriented Programming expertise and demonstrated experience developing in Java; experience with C/C++ is a plus
- Experience with protocols such as SIP, XMPP, TCP/TLS
- Experience with scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience with Web Server technologies (Apache, Tomcat, Solr)
- Experience with version control software (GIT, SVN, CVS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in an agile environment is a plus